Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

Happy Easter Everyone! Today's facebook statuses went like this:

"Jesus, he be livin' todaysies. Hoorah!"

"My brother got sexy cologne for Easter. My hormones are so confused."

"Socializing is so exhausting."

"Listening to the rain. Blowing bubbles in it. Laughing when they come back to hit me in the face. Watching them dance among the raindrops. Marveling at their beauty. Feeling them brush against my skin without popping. Learning how to live."


Fact about me: I make it my job to compose good facebook statuses. Sometimes I do a better job than others.

So yeah, who wants to hear some fun stories about Maryann's Easter? 

Almost as huge as Jesus being raised from the dead, is the fact that Lent is over. What a relief!

So I woke up and it was morning and I was like eww morning. Yay Easter, but still, ew morning. I slept in for approximately 15 minutes, and then I got up. I took a shower. I got ready. I drove myself to church. I had church. I sang the alto line to all the hymns. I know Mom likes when I do that. I like when I do that too. It is better for my musicality. It is practice. It also fits my range better.

Then we had breakfast.
I flirted with Scott, because, as Sarah and I say, we always flirt with Scott. Then I asked Jason if he would do me a favor. He tried to hide his reluctance when he said sure. He wanted to be eating his pancake, not doing me favors. I asked if he would give me a hug and he immediately complied. I accidentally got the top arms and he got the bottom arms even though he is significantly taller than me, but it meant he could pick me up, and he did, and I giggled a lot and bent my knees back. It was great fun. Hugs like that are awesome. All hugs are awesome, really.

Then more stuff happened, including the status about my brothers cologne.
So I love when guys smell good. A guy with a good smell, like cologne or some many deodorant is really, dare I say it, hot. Or at least, it helps an awful lot. It's a big turn-on for me. My biggest turn-off is not B.O., but my biggest turn-on is probably sexy smell.
And my brother got some of it for Easter. And sprayed it on himself. So while my instincts were wondering who this sexy man was, the rest of me was panicking that my almost-eleven-year-old brother smelled this way.

Then my whole mom's side of the family, minus Aunt Chris and (Uncle) Erik, plus Anne Marie's (my aunt) parents, came to my house.
It was many people. Let me count how many...
Twenty people including my family. No pets, thank the Lord, but many of them were children. Our small house was overwhelmingly crowded. It was exhausting.
I was not jealous at all, but rather, annoyed, that my brother was the center of attention on several occasions. I recently found out that his almost-eleven-year-old brain has an IQ of 124. First he showed the family how quickly he can solve a Rubik's cube (about 2 minutes, 20 seconds, I think). I taught him how to solve a Rubik's cube. That really got the family going. Then he and Mother played a piano duet upside-down and backwards which I taught them (albeit, Amy taught me). While I absolutely do not wish to be the center of attention at family gatherings, or ever, I was annoyed that Sam was getting so much praise. And I could see my other cousins, who didn't understand, becoming jealous.

Enough about that!
I have two of my cousins I wish to discuss.
I have seven cousins total. Only one of them is a girl, Caroline. Neither of the cousins I am about to discuss is her. They are both boys.

The first one is Arthur. He is eleven. He is approximately nine months older than my brother and about two feet taller than him. He hit puberty like a wall. He has braces, his voice can jump between two octaves in one sentence, and like I said, he is suddenly very tall. He is a fraction of an inch shorter than me. He has pimples scattered among his adorable freckles. It cracks me up. This is what I told him as we were eating dinner: "Arthur, you are the first person ever, in my whole life, that I have held in my arms as a baby and I've now seen grow taller than me. No one else have I ever seen go through that much life." Or something to that affect. His mom, my Aunt Kate, tilted her head and said, "I never thought about it that way!" After a few pensive moments, my Aunt Kate looked over at big-for-his-age, three-year-old Alec, my next topic of discussion, and said, "I wonder how old he will be before he is taller than us!" "Six or seven..." I said.

Alec is adorable. Positively adorable. Since he was an infant, he really got my motherly instincts going. I remember a few years ago when we were having a photo shoot for the whole family for my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary, I was holding him in my arms, and he fell asleep. His hand was trustfully resting on my breast; I just loved him so much, I was his protector, and secretly wished I was his mother, not Anne Marie. Temporarily, I was. He has huge brown eyes and he's just a tiny ball of energy, at least now he is. This is his personality: Sarah saw him standing outside on the back patio yelling, "OUTSIDE! OUTISDE!" over and over just because he was either a) very excited to be outside, or b) he liked to hear himself yell and that was the word that made the most sense to yell. At some other point, he was yelling "KRABBY PATTY!" over and over because he was watching Spongebob with his cousins. Today, after he threw a juggling ball at me that hit me in the shoulder, and I talked to him for a little bit, I got to carry him up stairs. He was pretty heavy. But the highlight of my interaction with him today went like this. I was sitting eating at the picnic table outside. I saw Alec. He was walking toward me holding a caprisun in his mouth, drinking. I started making goofy faces at him. He decided to make goofy faces back. He stuck his tongue way out and all the juice that was in his mouth spilled out. I immediately started cracking up and everyone turned to look at me to see what my problem was. The end.

~~~

It is now Monday. I'm sorry about everything I just wrote, since I wrote it late last night, and was too tired to be allowed to write, but I decided not to edit any of it and just publish it anyway. Deal with it.
I think I talked about everything I wanted to talk about, minus blowing bubbles in the rain after everyone in my family left. But it's not really a story. I blew bubbles in the rain. The end. Now you know.

I have a lot of school work to do today, exam week is next week and this week will probably be the most hectic one of my life, ever. So I don't really have time to be blogging, at least right now.
Well, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week. Glad tidings to you all!

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment